Homeownership Program applicants must:
- Currently live or work in Bucks County
- Willing to partner with Habitat Bucks in completing a minimum of 200 “sweat equity” hours and participating in media coverage
- Have a stable income and satisfactory credit history
- Show an ability to afford the projected mortgage payments (depending on house location & style, mortgage payments range from $800 to $1,160 per month, including taxes, insurance & interest)
- Live in “substandard” conditions (includes overcrowding, unsafe living conditions, not being able to afford a market-rate home, etc.)
- Have a total household, gross income* that fits within our Income Guidelines
*Gross Income (before taxes and deductions are taken from paychecks, also including child support, disability income and SNAP) must fit into these guidelines.
2016 Income Guidelines:
|Family Size||Tier One Minimum|| Tier One Maximum/
Tier Two Minimum
|Tier Two Maximum|
**Habitat Bucks provides two models of homeownership. In addition to the Tier One, or “traditional” Habitat model, Habitat Bucks also offers a Tier Two model. The applicant qualifications remain the same for both models; however the income, mortgage requirements vary. Tier One homes have a zero-percent mortgage (APR 0.67%). Tier Two homes have a low-interest mortgage from a lender of the homebuyer’s choosing.