Affordable Homeownership IS Within Reach!
Homeownership Program Qualifications
*New Homeownership Opportunities Available!
HOMES FOR SALE!
Two, Single-Family Homes Planned for Morrisville Borough!
Join us at our upcoming Homeownership Interest Meeting (more info here: Morrisville Interest Meeting Flyer) to learn about two new homes we’ll be construction on Harrison Avenue in Morrisville Borough! The 1200-square-foot units will have three bedrooms, one bathroom (with plumbing for a powder room), and central air conditioning. View the Harrison Avenue, Morrisville, Floor Plans! We build to Energy Star rated standards! The Homeownership Interest Meeting is scheduled for Saturday, June 27 from 9:15 am to 11:30 am at First Baptist Church of Morrisville. Registration is required. Contact Stefanie Clark for more information and to register: 215.822.2812 x307 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newportville section of Bristol Township is site of future home
Applications are now being accepted for a beautiful new home in an established neighborhood in Newportville! The future home will have three bedrooms, one bathroom (with plumbing for a powder room), a one-car garage and central air conditioning. We build to Energy Star rated standards! View the Avenue B Floor Plans! More information can be found here: the B Avenue Flyer. Contact Stefanie Clark for more information and to apply: 215.822.2812 x307 or email@example.com. House listing is also available on PAHousingSearch.com.
Homeownership Program applicants must:
- Currently live or work in Bucks County
- Willing to partner with Habitat Bucks in completing up to 375 “sweat equity” hours and participating in media coverage
- Have a stable income and satisfactory credit history
- Live in “substandard” conditions (includes overcrowding, unsafe living conditions, not being able to afford a market-rate home, etc.)
- Have a total household, gross income* that fits within our Income Guidelines.
*Gross Income (before taxes and deductions are taken from paychecks, also including child support, disability income and SNAP) must fit into these guidelines.
2015 Income Guidelines:
|Family Size||Tier One Minimum|| Tier One Maximum/
Tier Two Minimum
|Tier Two Maximum|
**Habitat Bucks provides two models of homeownership. In addition to the Tier One, or “traditional” Habitat model, Habitat Bucks also offers a Tier Two model. The applicant qualifications remain the same for both models; however the income, mortgage and sweat equity requirements vary. Tier One homes have a zero-percent mortgage. Tier Two homes have a low-interest mortgage from a lender of the homebuyer’s choosing.
How does the homeownership program work?
Habitat for Humanity of Bucks County sells newly constructed or renovated homes to qualified families and individuals who already live or work in Bucks County. Our homebuyers purchase their homes with affordable mortgages and pay taxes on the full values of their homes. Check out our guidelines–perhaps you are our next homeowner!
What to expect during the homeownership process:
- Prospective applicants contact Habitat Bucks to inquire about our homeownership opportunities and are added to our contact list.
- Prospective applicants learn about specific properties at Homeownership Interest Meetings, which are held every time a new home is being offered.
- Prospective applicants submit to a review of qualifications* and a credit check through the Pre-Application Questionnaire (see below).
- Qualified individuals and applicants are invited to submit the full homeownership application for the property, which includes an in-depth review and a home visit by the Family Selection Committee.
- Approved applicants become “Partner Families” and begin their sweat equity hours in building with Habitat Bucks.
- Partner families attend a series of workshops to ensure their successes as homeowners, while also spending time building their future homes.
- After sweat equity hours are completed and the house is finished, partner families purchase their homes and become homeowners!
*Applications are evaluated on several criteria, including credit history and affordability ratios including the Housing Ratio: the expected monthly mortgage amount is divided by an applicant’s gross monthly income. Typically, a person should not spend more than 25% to 30% of his or her gross monthly income on housing costs.
The application process takes approximately three to five months, depending on the volume of applications received. Once your application has been approved, you become a Partner Family! The entire process, from start to finish, typically takes about one year.
Get your Pre-Application Questionnaire: Completed forms are added to our contact list for current and future opportunities. Even if you are not interested in the areas in which we are building, or we don’t have any houses currently available, we encourage you to submit your questionnaire to be included in our database for future home opportunities. If you qualify, we will contact you to invite you to submit a complete application for homeownership in your preferred region of the county (as available).
For more information, please contact Stefanie Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215.822.2812 x307.
WHAT WE’RE BUILDING:
HOMES CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION & UNDER CONTRACT
Middletown Township home will be our 100th home!
Join us as we dedicate our 100th Home! A brand-new Habitat Bucks home is nearly finished in the Highland Park neighborhood of Levittown. The home has been built to Energy Star® certifications and features four bedrooms, two bathrooms and central air conditioning. Public transportation, major roads, shopping and schools are nearby (Neshaminy School District). With a first mortgage set at $116,000, the appraised value of the finished home is $255,000. Our 100th Home Dedication is scheduled for Wednesday, June 10th–join us!
New Construction on State Road in Croydon
Come home to Bristol Township! A three-bedroom, Energy-Star-rated home is planned for an empty lot on State Road in Croydon (Lower Bucks). The new home will also include central air conditioning and off-street parking. Public transportation, major roads, shopping and schools are nearby (Bristol Township School District). With a first mortgage set at $120,000, the expected appraised value of the finished home is $150,000. *This home is currently UNDER CONTRACT. Groundbreaking on this property was celebrated on March 31, 2015.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are not barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, or any other basis as required by law.