Affordable Homeownership IS Within Reach!
HOMES FOR SALE!
Quakertown Townhouse to be Renovated this Fall!
Habitat is back in Upper Bucks! We’ll soon be renovating a three-bedroom, 1.5-bathroom townhouse in Quakertown Borough. A Homeownership Interesting Meeting is Scheduled for Wednesday, August 10th — Registration is Required. Applications for this property will be distributed at this meeting. For details, please review the Yardley Court, Quakertown Flyer.
To register, contact Stefanie Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.822.2812 x307. Please complete the Homeownership Pre-Application Form prior to the meeting.
Homeownership Program applicants must:
- Currently live or work in Bucks County
- Willing to partner with Habitat Bucks in completing a minimum of 200 “sweat equity” hours and participating in media coverage
- Have a stable income and satisfactory credit history
- Show an ability to afford the projected mortgage payments (depending on house location & style, mortgage payments range from $800 to $1,160 per month, including taxes, insurance & interest)
- Live in “substandard” conditions (includes overcrowding, unsafe living conditions, not being able to afford a market-rate home, etc.)
- Have a total household, gross income* that fits within our Income Guidelines
*Gross Income (before taxes and deductions are taken from paychecks, also including child support, disability income and SNAP) must fit into these guidelines.
2016 Income Guidelines:
|Family Size||Tier One Minimum|| Tier One Maximum/
Tier Two Minimum
|Tier Two Maximum|
**Habitat Bucks provides two models of homeownership. In addition to the Tier One, or “traditional” Habitat model, Habitat Bucks also offers a Tier Two model. The applicant qualifications remain the same for both models; however the income, mortgage requirements vary. Tier One homes have a zero-percent mortgage (APR 0.67%). Tier Two homes have a low-interest mortgage from a lender of the homebuyer’s choosing.
How does the homeownership program work?
Habitat for Humanity of Bucks County sells newly constructed or renovated homes to qualified families and individuals who already live or work in Bucks County. Our homebuyers purchase their homes with affordable mortgages and pay taxes on the full values of their homes. Check out our guidelines–perhaps you are our next homeowner!
What to expect during the homeownership process:
- Prospective applicants contact Habitat Bucks to inquire about our homeownership opportunities and are added to our contact list.
- Prospective applicants learn about specific properties at Homeownership Interest Meetings, which are held every time a new home is being offered.
- Qualified individuals and applicants are invited to submit the full homeownership application for the property, which includes an in-depth review and a home visit by the Family Selection Committee.
- Approved applicants become “Partner Families” and begin their sweat equity hours in building with Habitat Bucks.
- Partner families attend a series of workshops to ensure their successes as homeowners, while also spending time building their future homes.
- After sweat equity hours are completed and the house is finished, partner families purchase their homes and become homeowners!
*Applications are evaluated on several criteria, including credit history and affordability ratios including the Housing Ratio: the expected monthly mortgage amount is divided by an applicant’s gross monthly income. Typically, a person should not spend more than 25% to 30% of his or her gross monthly income on housing costs.
The application process takes approximately three to five months, depending on the volume of applications received. Once your application has been approved, you become a Partner Family! The entire process, from start to finish, typically takes about one year.
Let’s Get Connected!! Please fill out our Homeownership Pre-Application Form to be added to our contact list for current and future opportunities. Even if you are not interested in the areas in which we are building, or we don’t have any houses currently available, we encourage you to submit the Homeownership Pre-Application Form to be included in our database for future home opportunities. If you meet our guidelines, we will contact you to invite you to submit a complete application for homeownership in your preferred region of the county (as available) as houses become available.
For more information, please contact Stefanie Clark at email@example.com or call 215.822.2812 x307.
WHAT WE’RE BUILDING:
HOMES CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION & UNDER CONTRACT
Two, Single-Family Homes Planned for Morrisville Borough
Make Morrisville your “Home Sweet Home”! We’re building two new, 1200-square-foot houses with three bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and central air conditioning at 35 & 37 Harrison Avenue, Morrisville. The expected appraised value for these homes is $140,000. View the Harrison Avenue Floor Plans. We build to Energy Star rated standards to provide long-term savings for our homeowners and to protect our natural resources. *This home is currently UNDER CONTRACT.
*While the application period has been closed for these homes, please complete the Homeownership Pre-Application Form to be added to our contact list for future home opportunities.
Newportville section of Bristol Township is Site of Future Home
There will soon be a beautiful new home in an established neighborhood in Newportville (Bristol Township)! The future home will have three bedrooms, one bathroom (with plumbing for a powder room), a one-car garage and central air conditioning. The expected appraised value is $200,000. We build to Energy Star rated standards! View the Avenue B Floor Plans. *This home is currently UNDER CONTRACT.
*While the application period has been closed for this home, please complete the Homeownership Pre-Application Form to be added to our contact list for future home opportunities.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are not barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, or any other basis as required by law.